Specific goals of the project are:
- To create interdisciplinary master specialities in GIT for cultural heritage and tourism, integrating marketing and entrepreneurship skills oriented to consolidate local industry, following the guidelines of the Bologna process.
- To establish Geoinformation and Tourism Technology centres (GTTC) in partner countries devoted to train professionals in GIT applied to cultural heritage and tourism, documentation of architectural and historical monuments and to disseminate the history, culture and landscapes using modern geovisualization techniques.
- To create three new GIS laboratories in Tourism Economics Departments and to update existing equipment in partner country universities.
- To foster the continuous education in Higher Education institutions of current professionals by creating interdisciplinary training modules.
- To re-train academic staff in GIT, tourism management and entrepreneurship.
- To introduce and improve good practices for quality assurance in partner countries universities.
- To establish organized links between universities, administration and society to train professionals, creating labour market days, introducing GIT in tourism industry, promoting local entrepreneurship and establishing the basis to protect, document and disseminate cultural heritage and history.